Re: ET and no sound

Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:
> Hi, I've just got my new FC6 machine working. I'm still having problems
> with sound in Enemy Territory:
>
> ------- sound initialization -------
> /dev/dsp: Input/output error
> Could not mmap /dev/dsp
>
> Where as xmms and LastFM work just fine!
>
> Thanks for suggestions!

It sounds like the OSS emulation modules are not loaded. I am not
sure, but I suspect that that was fixed in one of the updates. The
modules should get loaded because of contents of
/etc/modprobe.config.d/modprobe.conf.dist from the module-init-tools
package. I have module-init-tools-3.3-0.pre1.4.17 on my system.

Mikkel