Re: How I get CPU details?

> My goal is to write a simple script which ssh-connects to
> all my hosts and then  does a simple check of components
> and processes.
>
> Is there a shell command I can run which gives me some details
> about the type of  CPU I have in my host?

Slightly OT to your question, but if you goal is some sort of remote
monitoring of machines, cpu usage, ram, disk, network etc. Take a look at
something like gkrellm. There are probably other apps that do the same, but
IMHO its the best one. You can also run it in daemon mode, which allows
remote machine monitoring.

Chris