Re: Extract Attachment from Mail

Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 12Feb2007 07:27, Patrick Steiner <patrick.steiner@xxxxxx> wrote:
| i fetch my mails via fetchmail and after that procmail sorts them into | different mailbox-folders.

"mail" is its own plural, like "sheep" or "fish".

I think that this is not quite true. "Sheep" and "fish" both have
another plural "sheeps" and "fishes", but I do not believe that
"mails" is a word, except as a verb.

For non-native English speakers: The plurals with "s" or "es"
on the end of words which are their own plurals often exist,
but with different meanings. "Sheeps" and "fishes" mean
"different kinds of <whatever>". So, for example, "the fish
in the sea" means all of the fish in the sea, while "the
fishes in the sea" means all the various kinds of fish
in the sea. A use would be "Of the fishes in the sea, I
like to eat tuna best."

Just one more thing for the non-native speaker to have to
learn, I guess.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.