Re: (fedora) Re: NTP problem

Phil Meyer <pmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 15-FEB-2007 19:23:05.37

>Mattew Saltzman wrote:
>>> The correct solution is to use NetworkManagerDispatcher(1) to start ntpd
>>> when the connection is made.
>>>
>>> Don't modify any system files or rc.local.  Just turn ntp off at boot and
>>> add a script to /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/ that runs "service ntpd
>>> start" when an interface is brought up and "service ntpd stop" when it's
>>> brought down.  Instructions in the man page.
>>>

>here is my solution that works -- Thanks Matthew!:
>
>sudo mkdir -p /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d
>
>sudo vi /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/ntpd
>
>----
>
>#!/bin/sh
>
>interface=$1
>state=$2
>
>case $state in
>       up) /sbin/service ntpd start;;
>       down) /sbin/service ntpd stop;;
>       *) ;;
>esac
>
>----
>
>sudo chmod 755 /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/ntpd
>

>You can see that it can also be tested for interface, so maybe you only
>want to start ntpd when eth0 starts.  What you see here will start and
>stop ntpd on every interface change.

Thanks, but it did not solve the problem.

I remove Networkmanager from my system, and the problem was still there ->
Networkmanager is not my problem.

                        Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd