Re: Bonehead Move

Mike McCarty wrote:
Tod wrote:

[snip]

I got the loopback working and can see all the partitions in the image. Since its a volume managed device I'm now stuck. I can see the partitions but I can't think of how to get around the lvm part to mount them and see the actual contents. I'm not that lvm proficient quite yet.

I tossed FC4 when I discovered that it installs LVM by default. LVM is
IMO worse than useless. I see no advantages for me, and I see problems
(like yours, for example) looming in the future.

I for one like LVM. Until I can get multi-Terabyte drives, LVM is the best way to go. As with any issue, there are pros and cons. At least with LVM, I don't have to spend time moving this and that and linking drives around when things get full.

--
Robin Laing