Re: Bonehead Move

On 14/02/07, kodis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <kodis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 05:24:03PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 14/02/07, Patrick Doyle <wpdster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >In your case, where you wanted to get rid of ./mydir, I would have done:
> >$ ls -d ./mydir
> >$ rm -rf !$
>
> This might just be the single most useful tip that I've seen on this
> list in the two years that I've been subscribed. Thanks for that!

If you like that, you'll love what happens when you hit ALT-period in
bash -- it recalls and displays the value of last argument to the
previous command.  Subsequent uses of ALT-period recall the last
argument to previous commands.

You might also find the environment variable $_ useful.  It serves the
same purpose as !$, but works even if you've disabled bang-expansion.

That is good. I'll start googling these combination. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/drm.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/403/placebo.html