Re: Bonehead Move

Tod wrote:

Does anybody have any hits? Anybody maybe have some experience making this type of mistake and have some advice on trying to recover the data from it?

Welcome to LVM Hell.

Here is how I was able to get to my underlying filesystem by throwing out LVM:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-June/msg03297.html

After you make it out of LVM Hell, I am afraid I have no idea about your chances for file recovery. I guess it is going to depend on how fast the "quickly shut down" part was.

-Andy