Re: Auto mail bouncer for testing

James Wilkinson wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

Are you suggesting that people use these so-called throw-away
mail accounts? I looked into that, and the privacy policies I
saw on those accounts convinced me that using one was a sure
way to having one's activities on the net be monitored, and
information be captured and retained by "third parties".

There are legitimate privacy concerns about using services such as
Gmail, which means that many people choose not to use them as their main
e-mail account.

In order to use the ones I investigated, one must permit placement
of third-party permanent cookies.

But that doesn't mean you can't have one and use it for purposes you
consider not to be sensitive. For example, if you're just testing an
e-mail server, all "they" can tell is that you might have some sort of
connection with that server.

Any time any website wants to retrieve those cookies, it can.

I use my Gmail account for Fedora lists -- it's no secret that I'm on
this list!

Explain how to use it without exposing my machine to cookie placement
which can be used by third parties, and I'll reconsider.

In any case, in most countries, your online activities can be monitored
and all e-mails logged by court order anyway.

I don't know of any country where such a thing is illegal even
with court order.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.