Re: mouse wheel grabs focus

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Saturday 10 February 2007 06:34, Tim wrote:
I don't mind that the scroll wheel works on the window under the mouse,
without having to activate it.  But other aspects of focus follows mouse
I find to be a nuisance.

That does seem to be the default in KDE. It has its uses, though I'd not go out of my way to enable it (only the scrolling under mouse, I mean). OTOH, I've never been such a fan of scrolling that I need it often. OK - I'm a dinosaur :-) There are lots of other 'improvements' that have no appeal for me either, but, as I said, horses for courses.

I like the way it works with the sections of Thunderbird or Evolution where you can have the keybord active in the pane displaying the subject lines but move the mouse pointer down to the message preview pane and scroll the message with the mouse wheel. This lets you delete or down-arrow through the message list without having to move the mouse back up and select that pane. I guess I wouldn't mind that same kind of functionality across application windows but I normally run gnome.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx