Re: vsftp connection Problem

On 2/9/07, CH <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,
I am having a heck of a time getting vsftp working.  I tired google and
the info I found does not fix my problem.

Here is what I get when I try to connect.
Connected to www.example.org:21
220 Welcome to FTP service.
USER username

331 Please specify the password.
PASS xxxxxxxxxx
230 Login successful.
SYST

215 UNIX Type: L8
TYPE I

200 Switching to Binary mode.

Cannot create a data connection: No route to host
Disconnecting from site www.example.org

I tired it locally too, but no dice.
do you have any firewall running?

FTP needs some UDP ports open, if so try to turn your firewall off and
try again.

hope it helps.

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."