Re: S/Mime signing [WAS: gecko-libs dependency]

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: S/Mime signing [WAS: gecko-libs dependency]
From: Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/09/2007 12:24 AM

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 10:39 -0700, Paul Lemmons wrote:
Take a look at:

http://sarwiki.informatik.hu-berlin.de/Thawte_certificate_with_own_private_key

I used this as a cookbook for getting it setup in Thunderbird and Evolution. Though I tried very hard, I never did get it to work in
KMai

There appears to be some problem with how you're doing it, as your
messages are marked as having an invalid signature.

I think it is because the list modifies the message. You are not getting 100% what I sent. You are getting what I sent plus the unsubscribe information that is added at the bottom. So, in reality, it _is_ doing what it is supposed to. It is alerting you to the fact that the message has been altered.

In all other places, where the message is delivered unmodified, it shows a valid signature.

begin:vcard
fn:Paul Lemmons
n:Lemmons;Paul
org:Tucson Medical Center;Information Services
adr:;;5301 E. Grant Road;Tucson;AZ;85712;USA
email;internet:paul.lemmons@xxxxxxxxx
title:Lead Systems Software Engineer
tel;work:520-324-1034
tel;fax:520-324-1206