Re: Bug in Recent xorg-server Updates

On 2/9/07, François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom Browder a écrit :
> I can send details if anyone is interested.
I'm interrested.

The symptoms of the X server failure, my reconfiguration attempts, and
various logs are in the attached zip archive.  I finally cured the
problem by backing out of the upgrade of the
xorg-server*1.1.1-47.5.fc6.

I had to download the 6 xorg-server*-1.1.1-47.4.fc6 rpms from the
fedoraorg download site.

I put the rpms in an empty directory and ran:

 rpm -Uvh --oldpackages x*rpm

The '--oldpackages' option is necessary because a later version is
already installed and rpm won't normally install older packages over
them.

I orginally  stated that the bug is with the xorg packages, but it may
be with the kernel or with the Nvidia driver or any combination.  At
any rate, it was a show stopper for me for too long.

-Tom

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida
USA