Re: Talking to Logitech on the phone regarding webcam support for linux

On 08/02/07, Colin Brace <cb@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/7/07, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> They do have Vista drivers, though, even though I am certain
> that for every Vista user today there are 1000 Linux users or more.

This is pure speculation your part. Vista has been on the market less
than ten days but you can be damn sure that virtually every
mass-market PC that is henceforth sold will have Vista on it. Within a
couple of years it will be ubiquitous, whether people like it or not.
Logitech isn't stupid.

I want Logitech et al to offer Linux drivers but let's not delude
ourselves with  specious arguments and dodgy math.

Then consider my viewpoint as if from ten days ago. No matter how you
look at it, Logitech is ignoring Linux users, while creating software
for an operating system that barely exists. Will Vista be so popular?
Logitech is betting on it just like Microsoft. is betting on it. I'm
not so certain that it will be so popular in places where people don't
want to update their perfectly fine hardware to run a heavy OS.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/linux_distribution.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/54/baha_men.html