Re: [Fwd: User account ( hacked ) of FC6 System]

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 13:36 +0800, edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
> > edwardspl@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > > If there is ssh-telnet service for user...
> > > Then is there a solution to fix the problem of hack ( although
> > > someone who know the user's password, but they can't modify /
> > > delete any profile files, so the user who can login to the server
> > > nect time again ) ?
> > > eg : limit user profile ( user account ) ?
> > > if so, how to do this ?
> > >
> > > Edward.
> >
> > I think the real solution is to teach your user that it is important
> > not to let others know his password if he hasn't figured that out
> > himself yet.  And if others do need this access they should have
> > their own accounts instead of being able to pretend to be someone
> > else.
> >
> Hello,
>
> But I think the user account ( profile files ) is also problem, so, I
> want to know how limit the related files ( including the dot file ) !
>
> Edward.
> --
The only thing that the system "knows" about the user is the username
and password.  If those are correct, as far as the computer is concerned
the person driving the keys is supposed to have that level of access.
There are other security methods that could be installed and used, such
as key cards, randomizer tokens to choose periodic random passwords in
sync with a randomizer server, or personal ID things such as fingerprint
scanners or even facial recognition o name a few.  But these
technologies are still quite new and the cost of implementation such
scanners is quite high.

Regards,
Les H