Re: Talking to Logitech on the phone regarding webcam support for linux

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 13:03 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Not necessarily.  Some of TI's wireless network stuff, for example,
> can easily be convinced to broadcast at higher-than-normal power
> levels and at completely bogus frequencies.
>
> If they open up the driver, the source will be published and anyone
> with a tiny bit of know-how can wreak havoc with local wireless
> networks.

Of course, you don't need access to the source code to be able to do
that, hackers have been working that sort of stuff out for themselves
right from the start.  Just the same as many service repair equipment,
and competently too, without ever seeing a circuit diagram for the
product.  And on the electronics note, you can use an amplifier or
antenna with higher gain to increase the output/range of a transmitter,
anyway.

All in all, any manufacturer claiming your reasons for deliberately
knobbling a product, or withholding information, is just making silly
excuses.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.