Re: Suspend-to-disk on close lid does not work on FC6 and Inspiron 8200

Filip Miletic wrote:
> I must admit I'd be surprised if BIOS would be the issue.  Since suspend
> works if used in the command line.  Or from the GUI.  But not with lid.

Suspend (and things like support for detecting that the lid has closed)
tends to be closely linked to ACPI, which involves interpreting data
that the BIOS provides (and which is often dodgy).

So an updated BIOS often brings updated ACPI data, which fixes ACPI
stuff in the OS.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ |     "Why is it we never meet anyone nice?"
aprilcottage.co.uk |     "Why is it we never meet anyone who can shoot