Re: FC4 hangs

Vladimir wrote:
Hi all.

MK> A couple of questions:

MK> 1. What kernel are you running? (uname -a)

2.6.17-1.2139_FC4smp

MK> 2. Could you post your /var/log/messages for a boot to hang period (as
MK> an attachment)

Done. However, i think each time it hangs on different stages of booting.

MK> 3. Try booting with the kernel parameter "irqpoll"

I'll try, thanks. But the most important to me is to find out why is
this happening?
There is a little mistake in my original message: when
restarting after a hang the computer does not necessarily hang. It
can hang but also it can boot properly. When doing a clean shutdown and booting again - it also can hang.
For a period of 6 months there were 4-5 such hangs.

Having had a similar problem that was eventually traced to a drifting power supply, I would suggest you take a look at your power supply voltages. Also check to see if you have any issues with dust/heat buildup.

I don't know if you are running lmsensors or not but it may point to a hardware problem.

--
Robin Laing