Re: greylisting

Jeffrey Ross wrote:

I tried greylisting as well, I am using exim as my MTA. I found that although greylisting worked, I found nightly updating the rules for spamassassin worked better they greylisting and as such have dropped the greylisting.

It is not an either/or question. You should be using *both*. Greylisting protects you from smtp bots as they don't retry. The messages never get into your system and if you are paying for a per/MB link it saves you $.

If the spam is resent then hopefully spamassissan will catch it.

Just my experience, your mileage may vary

It sounds as if you are using one or the other....but not both.