Re: FC6 through the rear view mirror

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 05:00, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 18:46 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 February 2007 17:22, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > > Or, in bugzilla you may after some long time get:
> > >    "This bug has been mass-closed along with all other
> > >     bugs that have been in NEEDINFO state for several
> > >     months."
> > >

> > > Here, you may at least get suggestions that let you move on to
> > > something that works in some short amount of time.
> >
> > Yes, you get 'try this', 'try that', 'try something else'.  NEEDINFO is
> > just that.  I filed a couple of bugs and got NEEDINFO messages, not once,
> > but three or four times.  I responded as quickly and fully as I could,
> > and the bugs got fixed within 2-3 days.  They were serious issues, so not
> > only did I benefit, but so did you and everyone else who uses cups and/or
> > gtk.
>
> Did you ask about here first or just go straight to bugzilla?

I asked on the list, was told to file a bugzilla, and it went from there.  The
point I was trying to make was that if the developers say they need more
information, we can't expect them to be able to continue unless we take the
trouble to provide it.  There are usually a few names following any bug
progress.  A few grains of information from each one can add up to the vital
clue.

Anne