Re: pgp and gpg: Stupid question: Which packages are they in?

Steven W. Orr wrote:
> Anyone?

gpg is in the gnupg package.  It has a virtual provides for gpg, so
you should be able to find it via yum whatprovides gpg.

There is also a gnupg2 package which may be installed in parallel with
gnupg.  It provides the gpg2 binary as well as gpgsm (for s/mime) and
the gpg-agent (for caching your passphrase, similarly to ssh-agent).

I don't know of any pgp packages in the standard repositories as no
pgp package would be considered free software.  You can find very old
packages that may or may not even compile against recent Fedora
releases at pgpi.org.  I build pgp 6.5.x for RH6.2 a long while back
and I had to patch a few things to get it to compile then.

I'm a swingin' guy.  Throw a belt over the shower curtain rod and
swing.