Re: Reporting bugs. (Re: FC6 through the rear view mirror)

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 10:11 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 08:28 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >> I enjoy the myth of calling Fedora a community driven project. It is a
> >> project driven by the people who run Fedora. I have yet to see any
> >> suggestion made by the Fedora list community accepted by Fedora
> >> developers, but I am not on the fedora-developers list so I may have
> >> missed it. It was Fedora that has failed me by giving me the FC6
> >> distribution that exhibits problems not found on any other previous
> >> Fedora or Red Hat distribution. It is annoying to take 5 months to
> >> figure out how to deal with the problems of a distribution that is
> >> created anew every 6 or 7 months. But I admit it is educational.
> >
> > Ignoring for a second the obvious flame-bait, if "Fedora" "failed you"
> > and the term "community driven" is a "myth" - why are you using it? Why
> > are you posting here?
>
> If people don't report their experiences, how can anyone improve them?
> Or was your post just to confirm his observation that posting here isn't
> likely to change anything?

How doesn't venting/spamming/claiming that "Fedora failed him" changes
anything? (beyond venting).
Did he post a question? Was he looking for help?
Did he post a BZ# number, asking if anyone noticed the same problem?
Beyond essentially calling Fedora a failure (failing to meet his
expectations) - has he offered any solution? A new of following and
fixing bugs?

Until he does - this thread should be classified as "-5 flame-bait".

- Gilboa