Re: Boot Floppies V6

sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I thought I'd convert an old win2000 system to Fedora V6, I downloaded
> the CD-ISO's and burned them but I cannot find a Boot floppy creator
> or windows installer on them as the PC does not have the ability to
> boot from CD-ROM, only Floppy and HDD.

There are ways around that: http://www.fedorafaq.org/#floppyinstall
points to the Smart Boot Manager, which allows you to boot from floppy
and "chain-load" a bootable CD.

The Smart Boot Manager website appears to be down at the moment, but
there is a Sourceforge site.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | We still have enough spare cardboard sitting around to
aprilcottage.co.uk | send a bus by Parcelforce, although not enough wrapping