Re: FC5 openmosix, problem with booting

rastislav rastislav wrote:
> Hi, I have installed open-mosix kernel RPM
> openmosix-kernel-2.4.26-openmosix1.i686 everything was ok, but during
> booting a problem occurres:
> Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
> ide: late registration of driver.

The main problem here is that FC5 *needs* a 2.6 era kernel to handle the
dynamic /dev directory. It won't support 2.4 without a certain amount of
surgery.

> I wanted to compile a kernel source, but fc5 have got too new gcc. And
> I couldnt unistall it and istall older.

Well, you'll still be back against the 2.6 requirement. But you may find
that the compat-gcc-* packages (and editing the top-level makefile to
look for that, not gcc) will allow you to compile your kernel.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Machine. Unexpectedly, I’d invented a time
aprilcottage.co.uk |     -- Alan Moore, "Very Short Story"