Re: greylisting with procmail

Tim escribió:
On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 04:21 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
FWIW, grey listing has cut incoming spam here by 80%.

What sort of time delay do you find it adds to getting your mail?

Looking at some systems that uses greylisting for my mail to go through,
it can take several hours for some messages to get delivered.  It makes
e-mail utterly useless for some things.  It also makes mail testing a
right pain in the arse.  You can't set up filters and send yourself a
test mail, well not unless you fancy spending days doing something that
should just take minutes.

We're using postfix with postgrey and we don't have that amount of delay.

I also haven't seen such a drastic cut in spam messages as to 80%, but maybe 40% or 50%. We do have other spam tools installed as well.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA