Re: Upgrade Red Hat Linux 6

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Curtis Doty wrote:

9:23pm jorgems@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

I want to upgrade Red Hat Linux 6 to Fedora Core 6. So I have downloaded
the 5 CDs containing the i386 ISO images but the boot installer seems to
fail when booting from CD1 and after a failure message appears the "LILO
Boot" prompt. The CPU is an AMD K6 with a 64 Mb RAM and I have Windows
98 in another partition. Where is the problem?

Start by reading the release notes on that CD or on the web.
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/

Fedora Core 6 requires 256MB memory. Among other things.

128MB is still enough for text mode, its sure a big leap of an upgrade though:) it was hedwig wasnt it...