Re: bugzilla advice.

On Monday 05 February 2007 22:23, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 11:24 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I have been roundly scolded for not using bugzilla so let me illustrate
> > my current problem with this technique.
>
> And I hope that the Fedora Bugzilla is looked at more often than the KDE
> one.  I have bugs in KDE going back to 2005 that are still UNCONFIRMED,
> including one pretty serious one -- almost a crash.  It's depressing.
> See the attached page.

If they are unconfirmed, what do you expect the developers to do?  Until
someone comes up with more information they can do nothing.  Take your first
one, for instance:

Sometimes artsd locks up, generally when a program using it crashes
or locks up

and it goes on to talk about crashing realplayer.  So where is the bug?  KDE?
Redhat 4? Realplayer?  Something else?  I don't see any follow-up
information.

The second one did get some dialogue, some information about what will and
won't work, and apparently a solution to the problem, but still no bug was
confirmed.  I just don't see what else could be done.

I didn't have time to look at any more.

Anne