Re: password

From: <linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Thursday 19 February 1998 06:49, Robert Stevens wrote:
I purchased a computer on ebay with Fedora core.  The
Fedora  core boots up, but asks for a user name and
password and I can't go any further.  The seller is not
helpful.  Is there any way I can get past the user name
and password.  This is a gateway computer.  The computer
is useless to me as it is. Bob

Maybe the seller is the true owner and expects you to install your own OS.

Do like the others said and install a new OS.

Maybe the machine is stolen and the true owner's identity could be
determined from the machine. It sounds fishy that the previous "owner"
could not help with the password.

{^_^}