Re: LaTeX question about nested lists

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Dean S. Messing wrote:

> I'm trying to create a bulleted outline that goes deeper
> than six levels.  The LeTeX "list" environment only lets

That might be your first mistake, but it probably had predecessors.

> you go to six levels.  I've failed to find any LaTeX
> packages that extend this or define a new environment that
> is of arbitary depth.

There might be a way to do it by lying about how deep you are.
There might not be.
My recollection is that there is a separate of variables for each level.

> Do any of you know of a solution, short of just "hand
> indenting" the items?  Note: the items in the list must
> have "bullets" associated with them that are different
> for different levels.

Since the package has only so many kinds of bullets,
you will need a way to specify your own.
Maybe you can get rid of the package bullets
and begin each item with something that effectively becomes the bullet.

--
Mike   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Finally, mount the partition, not the virgin."  --  Charles Curley