Re: Ack! I've been rooted...

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 03:00 -0800, jdow wrote:
> From: "Rick Stevens" <rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >> OK, the only question is now C or D or double DD.
> >
> > Knowing Joanne, probably D but built into her steel breastplate.  It's
> > a complete ensemble with sword and helm with horns attached.  I think
> > she's also made a mace out of her old Amiga mouse.
>
> How medieval do you think I am? Combat outfit and where needed armor
> perhaps. Suitable firepower where needed, too. None of this sword and
> mace s*** for me! I'm more a UAV sort, really. I did some work on the
> Predator - only a little, though.
>
> {^_-}   <- Blue jeans, teeshirt sorta critter with eyes not good enough
>         for combat - and WAY too old, anyway.

Yeah, but the imagery is so much more rich, J!  While I agree that UAV
operations are neat and the wave of the future, somehow the concept of a
bunch of over-aged video game guys lounging on La-Z-Boys in a rear area
doesn't conjure up the mental picture of "warriors".  And you are/were a
warrior.  I and my Amigas (500, 600, 1000, 2000, 3000, 3000T) kneel
before you!

I now wander off into the midsts of filesystem design...and expect to
find dragons there...
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-         It is better to have loved and lost.  Cheaper, too!        -