Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 36, Issue 26

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 20:32 -0500, Anthony Bryan wrote:
> Yes, 'yum install aria2' will work. aria2 is a command line app, and
> for some reason the command to run it is aria2c, so you'd use:
>
> aria2c URL
> or
> aria2c http://download.packages.ro/metalink/fedora/FC-6-i386-DVD_iso.metalink
> (if you wanted that ISO).

Have you considered using it with Fedora respins?

http://torrent.fedoraunity.org/

I don't know if aria2 is really any faster or not than bt, but if it is,
it isn't once the user has to download a very large number of updates
because the iso they got from aria2 had not been updated and respun.

If you want aria to catch on, try serving the more recent "respins" with
it. Maybe fedoraunity.org could even give links to your metalink page
directly, if they like the concept (I can't speak for them).

I would like to, but it seems they only offer bt downloads. Metalink
can list mirrors, bt, magnet, and ed2k sources along with checksums
which can be used to search other p2p networks. (It's not a new p2p
network).

If there's anything I can do, let me know.
--
(( Anthony Bryan
 )) Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]