Re: password

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998 06:49:59 -0500
"Robert Stevens" <stevens8136@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I purchased a computer on ebay with Fedora core.  The Fedora  core boots up, but asks for a user name and password and I can't go any further.  The seller is not helpful.  Is there any way I can get past the user name and password.  This is a gateway computer.  The computer is useless to me as it is.

It depends how the previous owner configured it. If they set bios
passwords you have a minor problem, if not set the BIOS to boot from CD
and install whatever you want instead of the current system.

Odd that the seller is not helpful, unless they don't know the password
either which raises a few other questions....

Alan