Help with FC6 and Orinoco Gold pcmcia card

Hello all.  After a frustrating weekend trying to get my Orinoco Gold pcmcia wireless card to load, I give up, and turn to you.  I know little about getting this card to work, but here is what I *do* know...

-ifconfig doesn't show a wlan0 interface
-dmesg shows it sees a card inserted (PC Card bus but nothing more)
-iwconfig doesn't have any interfaces showing wireless extensions
-a search of the file system shows the existence of orinoco.ko orinoco_cs.ko and hermes.ko
-modprobe orinoco, modprobe orinoco_cs, and modprobe hermes doesn't seem to make a difference.
-I assume I shouldn't need to compile any drivers as they seem to already be on the system (see above)

Any walk-thru or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Christian

Christian Campbell
Systems Engineer, Sair LCP, A+, Network+, i-Net+

Bruegger's Enterprises Inc.
Desk: 802-652-9270
Cell: 802-734-5023
Fax: 802-660-4034

Email: ccampbell at brueggers dot com

PGP Public Key available via PGP keyservers or
http://www2.brueggers.com/pgp/ccampbell.html

"We all know Linux is great...
it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
--Linus Torvalds