Re: Epson printer install

Kam Leo wrote:
On 2/5/07, Alex Miua <amateur_radio_2007@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How do I install it my friend ?

I do not believe you don't need to install any additional packages.
Gutenprint-foomatic PPDs should be already included in the cups
printing package. I was able to find the CX3800. You should be able to
too.

i.e., from Gnome click Administration -> Printing. Click "New
Printer".  Fill in the data for Printer Name, Description, and
Location. Select the proper port (USB.  For Makes select Epson and
scroll down the list of printers until you get to Stylus CX3800.

I wouldn't speak so hastily. When I installed my Epson Stylus Photo RX700, I saw it listed in system-config-print (or whatever it's called), and then got a specific instruction to install a gutenprint package. I did, and I've had excellent results when printing to this printer ever since.

Temlakos