Re: Can Evolution be used to access yahoo mail?

On Mon February 5 2007, Gueckel, P. wrote:
> > That's one of the curious things with gmail. Seeing your own mail. I bet
> > you get what others send you, just not your own. Ric
>
> I think you solved it. I have been sending myself test mail after test mail
> a few times a day for the last few days and they all got there, but
> wouldn't download.
>
> After reading your mail, I used another account to send, et voilà! The mail
> downloaded right away! :-)
>
> It's probably been working all along. But I don't understand why it won't
> download messages to myself. I write emails to myself all the time, so that
> I can remember things until I get home. Saves writing on scraps of paper.

It's an undocumented 'feature' - there's a flag that's set in a header when
you post from G-Mail to a list. Since all sent messages are kept, and can be
found by filtering techniques, they presume to cut down on bandwidth by not
redelivering your own posts back to you. I beat this subject to death some
months ago on this list, and you could probably find that discussion if you
tried. It makes keeping threads straight very difficult if you like to enable
threaded messaging in folders, especially if you use Gmail in pop mode. The
solution is to use one account for receiving and one for sending - kind of a
pain, but it works.

I hope I'm getting this right - I think that's what you're discussing. The
thread just caught my eye. If my post is not relevant to your discussion,
pardon the noise.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA