Re: Does the web browser take a long time to start in all FC systems?

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 17:14 -0800, Alex Miua wrote:
> I recently made a switch from Wintel to Lintel.
>
> I have a question to ask :
>
> When I start the web browser it takes a long time to
> start. Why is this ?

If you're comparing MSIE to Firefox, one answer is that MSIE is running
all the time.  It uses the same libraries that Windows uses to draw
everything that makes up its GUI.  So you're not seeing its start up
time (that was part of Windows booting up), just the time taken to open
another Window.

Firefox, on the other hand, is an entirely independent appliction.
Likewise for various other browsers.