Re: temporary IP addition to firewall rules

Noah wrote:
> Does anybody have a recommendation for a program out there that would
> allow somebody to enter an account and password on my website, their
> IP address is cached, and the cached IP address is added temporarily
> to the firewall ruleset to be allowed.
I have actually considered doing almost exactly the same thing.  What I
was planning on doing was writing a php page that the user would log in
with.  When they do, then php would run a system command using their IP
to add a netfilter (iptables) firewall rule.  There would then be a cron
job that runs daily to restart the firewall, thus the added rules would
be removed.

--
Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA
Spider Security