Re: Aironet wlan driver for cisco 350 series WLAN card.

Subject: Aironet wlan driver for cisco 350 series WLAN card.
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
" I see that with WEP enabled, the wireless doesnot comes up
(fails to determine IP address).  But it comes up fine when connected
to a non-secure network
(without WEP).

Have anyone faced this issue. I am using "system-configure-network" GUI tool to configure my wireless card. Is there any other way to configure the wireless card? "

I was eventually able to get my Aironet 350 card to work by using a script and iwconfig. But it was fragile, and sometimes did not work even with NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher running. And system-configure-network does not allow for the correct entries are you can put on a command line with iwconfig.

You will have to run 'man iwconfig' and work up from there.

Best $50 I have recently spent was to buy an IntelPro 2915 mini-pci card and replaced the Cisco. In my case, I have to find and download a small program to fix the 'error 1802' error, as the card I bought was not exactly the one it was supposed to be: that is, one that is listed in my T-40's bios as being an original IBM card. But the 'no-1802' program pokes the Bios to not run the card check and all is well. The card uses the Intel ipw2200 or the ibm ipw2200 drivers and works perfectly.