Re: Tool for downloading video/audio files from YouTube

2007/2/3, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@xxxxxxxxx>:
> oh yeah, I gave it a try once. IMO this is really strange project. These
guys are trying to make their own player instead one that
> already works reliably. Democracy lets you pull the .flv and .mov video
files from subscribed channels but does not play any of these > - just
crashes. In the same time mplayer, xine and vlc play those videos reliably
so why not to use them as a backend?

I think you did not understand.
First, I said I fixed their rpms. It does not crash playing videos anymore.

Second, they use xine or gstreamer engine to play the videos,
and third, the application uses bittorrent technology to download the videos
with a nice interface.

Therefore, they offer a very good integration of open software tools. The
videos
are associated to channels, and any group of people can define a new
channel.

Is it experimental? Yes. Isn't it perfecet yet? Yes.
But I think it has a promising future.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ

Paulo

I installed DemocracyTV
I downloaded a m4v file. I can playiy by Mpayer, Xine plays only
sound...and if I use DemocracyTV to playback I see the bar starting
very fast but I can't get any sound/video.
Any hint?
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag