Re: system hangs with all-generic-ide & irqpoll

>> I was hoping that the latest release of the kernel (2.6.19-1.2985) would
>> detect the ide components without using the "all-generic-ide" & "irqpoll"
>> options, but alas, no - is this something for bugzilla?
>
>Depends what the chip in question is for the all-generic-ide bit, for the
>irqpoll part its almost certainly between you and your BIOS vendor and
>nothing to do with the irq code.

I'm not sure what the answer to your question is - the board in
question is the DG965RY and the  only details I have are
from their website:

http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG965RY/index.htm
  and
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/ry/ry_available.htm

so  I have no idea what chip actually drives the ide section - as
for the BIOS, it is Intel's latest for that board.

To be honest I have no idea what the options actually do - when
I ran into trouble I looked on the net for an answer that worked,
and they do - up to a point - the ide components are recognised
but the system is unstable.

DS