Re: Ubuntu founder doesn't "get" enterprise Linux <OT>

> redistribute the combination.   CentOS does a lot of work just to get to
> the point where redistribution is allowed and doesn't add much except an
> option kernel with more drivers included.  I'd rather see that work go

And yum, which is a big change. You assume that Centos wants to do other
stuff.

> into something like a better installer, or combining newer desktop apps
> into the stable kernel/libs from RHEL - but nobody does because RH goes

I wouldn't recommend trying that too hard. Current gnome needs current
gtk and really wants composite which really wants current X libraries and
server which ... and so it goes on.

Alan