Re: Webcams again

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 13:06 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> He sounds a great guy.  I'm using the atrpms version of gspcav1 driver, so I
> can't bother him with this.  OTOH, I'm not so sure now that it is a driver
> issue, as I find that ekiga gives me much better colour than aMSN.
> Reasonably accurate, certainly acceptable.  What *may* be a driver issue,
> though, is that the parameters I should be able to set in ekiga, kopete and
> aMSN don't move at all.

Anne, did you get better results from the tar directly from the gspcav
website?? My logitech looks great. Which since it isn't listed as fully
supported, I was very gratified with the result. I just had to make sure
that I had the kernel-devel installed and touched the file config.h in
the kernel include/config directory for the compile to work at all.

I figure it's more optimized for my system. IMHO. "Works For Me" (tm)
Ric
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net