Re: How to set up mirrors in Smart Package Manager?

on 01/30/2007 08:58 PM Claude Jones wrote:
On Tue January 30 2007, Kam Leo wrote:
On 1/29/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue January 30 2007, oleksandr korneta wrote:
indeed. It is added by

smart channel --add

and it does not go into /etc/smart/channel
I'll keep digging.
I use "locate". I'm not at my computer at the moment; but if I recall
correctly, the data is stored at /var/lib/smart/...

I just use the channel edit interface. There are some decent instructions
in the faq on the smart site for how to fill in the various fields, or
you can just compare the fields to one of the existing ones. It's really
easy once you get the syntax...it would be nice if there was a file
somewhere that I could copy from box to box, since I run a number of
Fedora boxes - let us know if you figure it out

I found that a long time ago. But that folder does not have channel configuration info, it's got the actual files it downloads from the various channels in it - I just double checked myself. Maybe I just don't understand what I'm looking at.

I found that a while ago too, but this is not what we are looking for. This are file storing repositories metadata, as described here http://linux.duke.edu/projects/metadata/

We might need to ask the developer.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./