How to set up mirrors in Smart Package Manager?

Hi, people

Tired of the well known yum/yumex incredible slowness, I'm experimenting with
Smart Package Manager. I must say I'm impressed with some of its
capabilities, like the fast parallel download of files, the possibility to
revert a package to an older version from within the GUI, to use a directory
with a bunch of RPMs as a repo and to easily set up removable repos, among
others useful features. Not having to download and rebuild the package
catalogs every time you run the program or install a package saves much time
too.
However, I did not understand very well how to configure mirrors for channels.
My doubts are the following:
1. Is there a way to use a mirrorlist URL, like yum?
2. What is the difference between adding a mirror channel (Edit -> Channels ->
New -> Provide channel information -> Mirror Information) and adding a mirror
(Edit -> Mirrors -> New)?
3. How to use the first of the above mentioned options?
    3.1. Should I add a mirror channel for each mirror of a repo or just one
           channel for all of them?
    3.2. How should I use the "File URL" field? Is this a local path to a text
           file with the mirrors' informations? How should this file be
           formated?
    3.3. If a mirror channel for each mirror should be added, their name
           should all be the same? And in this case, what should I fill up in
           "File URL"?
4. About "Edit -> Mirrors -> New", do I have to fill up the channel URL
in "Origin URL" and the mirror URL in "Mirror URL" for each mirror of the
same repo, one by one? Isn't there a better way to add mirrors?

Thanks,

Marcelo