Re: yum blew up python?

On Sunday 28 January 2007 23:00, magicus wrote:
> Dave Stevens wrote:
> > bash-3.1$ yum
> > There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
> > required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
> >
> >    No module named cElementTree
>
> What happens if you invoke yum as root?
>
> I tend to invoke yum as:
>
> $ sudo yum ...
>
> If I invoke it as a 'normal' user I get:

> $ yum
> There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
> required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
>
>    No module named yum

> which is similar to what you are getting.
>
> ciao,
> furlan

bash-3.1$ su -
Password:
[root@localhost ~]# yum
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   No module named cElementTree

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.3 (#1, Oct 23 2006, 14:19:45)
[GCC 4.1.1 20060525 (Red Hat 4.1.1-1)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

like that. ????????

--
"The economy is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment."
   -- Herman Daly, former senior economist at the World Bank.