Re: FC5 Kernel Panic! Solved

I've taken what is probably an easy way out:-

yum remove kernel-smp-2.6.18-1.2257.fc5
followed by
yum install kernel-smp-2.6.18-1.2257.fc5

which appears to have sorted out whatever was upsetting it. I'm running with
the 2257 kernel now.

The only thing I can think of that may have led to this is, I might have
terminated a yum update a couple of weeks back, having decided that it was
going to take way too long to complete at the time. I had to use XP to get on
with what I was supposed to be doing. One evening before leaving work I left
it to work on

yum -y update ; shutdown -h now

Following morning it was shut down all right but then wouldn't boot the new
kernel.

Dave F