Re: printing 2 MB jpeg

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 09:27:05AM -0800, rfjones wrote:
> I have Linux 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6, it takes about an hour to print a 1.8 MB
> jpeg
> on a networked laserjet 2100 using the pxlmono driver
> I cant print at all using gthumb; just text junk
> the gimp will print a respectable page, but it takes about an hour
> Any ideas?
> TIA
> rfjones

Can you get any clues where the holdup is?

Is it a parallel port printer, or USB, or networked?

I've heard tell of a utility for tuning the parallel port, but can't
think of its name right now. [later] Aha! tunelp! try "man tunelp".

If USB, maybe it's an old low-speed (USB 1) port?

I wouldn't expect to be CPU bound in any way, though the image will need
to be converted into the appropriate commandset. Perhaps top can help
you figure out if some program is the bottleneck.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------