Re: Please cancel my subscription

On Friday 26 January 2007 16:29, Nigel Henry wrote:
[...]
>It would just be a nice thing if there was some way of helping folks who
> are having problems with unsubscribing , rather than this pathetic
> thread which makes us look like a load of Linux idiots.
>
>Can we please end this thread.
>
>Nigel.

Nigel, the problem in most cases is the placement of the unsubscribe
links.  Many email agents clip off anything after the "newline dash dash
space" signature delimiter, so they never, ever see the unsubscribe
instructions.

Maybe they should be prepended to the message so that they appear above
the 'so and so wrote' line?  I don't have any alternate suggestions that
would make a reader read it everytime unless it could be made to flash or
something.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)