Re: xml problems- one more time

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 11:21 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:

By itself, the main value of xml is that a standard parser can
extract the names/values in a portable way and if you use a
DTD you can check that the values are valid.   Beyond that
you need some agreement on what the names/values mean.
I understand what you are saying but let me repeat mu main question.
What is xmlto good for and how can it be used?
According to this: http://cyberelk.net/tim/data/xmlto/ it is a few levels up from xml. It expects xml docbook format as the starting point and is a script to drive the xslt-based conversion tools to different output formats.
At the risk of being argumentative the web page you site just ahs
versions of xmlto and says nothing about needing docbook format to start
with. Unless you mean one needs to download one of the tgz files and
look at the readme.

Sorry, I pasted the wrong link.  This might be more informative:
http://cyberelk.net/tim/xmlto/

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx