Re: Getting people to say nice things about Microsoft

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 20:24 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Thu January 25 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> > Yeah, I read that one about fees they charged too. From a Windows
> > perspective, acceptable. From a Linux perspective, not.
>
> Well, don't take this as my advocating Freespire, because I'm not. But, it is
> possible to run Freespire and access the CNR repo without paying a cent. They
> make it a little difficult to figure out, but, not that difficult. I just
> found their project to create a universal Linux repo interesting, and
> laudable, if they bring it off in a correct manner. We shall see. Just
> downloaded the newest ver 2 Beta - going to fire it up and see what they're
> up to...
Let us all know how it goes, they came onto the scene with a pile of
press and then seemed to fade out there for awhile. The LSB has a pile
of great aims and goals that could bring about a serious threat to the
Windoze World. I personally believe Fedora and RH will bring these
improvements into a state of being. I'm looking forward to it. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net