Re: Getting people to say nice things about Microsoft (Linspire repo)

Scott van Looy wrote:

Also, if you really think there are security bugs lurking in the
programs you are running, wouldn't you prefer that they be
found and fixed instead of worked around, avoided, and allowed
to linger forever?

I'd prefer they were found and fixed by silly people running them as root and deleting all their files as opposed to by me, yes ;)

And meanwhile you are so much better off just deleting your
own files...   I'm sure you'll be thrilled that the OS is
still intact and running after that happens.   While I agree
that this is a 'best practices' thing and probably worthwhile
in a multiuser scenario, I'm not sure its worth the extra
effort when the user you normally run as has write access to
everything that can't easily be reinstalled anyway.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx